Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mouth Waterin' Summer Recipes


Dear Reader-

I am have a secret.

I am having a love affair with summer.

Seriously.

This winter was a rough one between the kitchen renovations, weather that wouldn't quit, etc. and it has me kissin' summer's feet.

So, now that the farm stands are full of yummy tomatoes, fresh sweet corn and amazing watermelons... I am ready to beg summer never to leave me...

This gots me wonderin' what kind of yummy recipes you guys cook up and grill up during the summer. So I turned to the amazing GOODEness Gracious Facebook Community and gots to askin'


What is your go to dish to take to a pitch-in or cookout?
July 1 at 1:56pm ·  · 

  • Sheryl Mehary likes this.

    • Amy Thompson Knueppel Dump cake or ambrosia salad. :9
      July 1 at 1:58pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Kim Kruse Harry and David dip and pasta salad. If I'm doing a dessert I make cookies and cream cupcakes. So good!
      July 1 at 2:05pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Tresa Morris Easy Fruit Crisp, it's always a hit, no matter what the occassion!

      Fruit pie filling,(dry) yellow cake mix, and butter...doesn't get much easier than that

      July 1 at 2:16pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Anna Miller deviled eggs!
      July 1 at 2:21pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Liz Jostes Homemade salsa!
      July 1 at 2:40pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Joyce Lane Mom's potato salad or my rocky road ice cream
      July 1 at 3:21pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Christina Gossett Cranberry and saurkraut meatballs or my special cheese dip.
      July 1 at 3:39pm ·  ·  2 people

    • Debbie Crowder-Randolph ‎@Tresa do you just mix that and bake it?
      July 1 at 5:06pm · 

    • GOODEness Gracious Debbie- I think it goes on dry with the butter on top. Tresa?
      July 1 at 5:40pm · 

    • Sheryl Mehary deviled eggs
      July 1 at 5:41pm ·  ·  1 person


All I can say is YUM!

So, I thought I would put together a post about a lot of our family favorite summer recipes... Recipes like:



Grilled Summer Salad aka party in your mouth. This yummy side dish screams flavors of summer. We are actually going to have this for lunch today. YUM!



Fruit Pizza is just perfect for any get together. Super sweet and made magnificent with fresh berries and kiwi.



GOODe Bruschetta is one of my favorite recipes of all time!!! Forget appetizer, I just want it as my meal. That means I can eat the whole plate of it--right?



Aunt Mary's Marynade is our favorite marinade. It is so simple, so flavorful and sooo easy!



Italian Stuffed Chicken with GOODe Marinara and Angel Hair Pasta involves my favorite fresh marinara sauce and is beyond delicious!



Zucchini Bars are a childhood favorite of mine and the PERFECT solution to a garden full of zucchini.



Easy Baked Beans are a staple for our summertime table. They are quick and a perfect side-kick to just about anything from the grill.



And last but not least, we just love to take Favorite Corn Casserole to summer gatherings.

So what else do you guys look forward to relishing in the kitchen or on the back porch grill while summer lasts?

Photobucket

4 GOODe Thoughts:

you are making me hungry....looks delicious! :)

I was just looking online for easy but tasty summer food, and here it is. You make your baked beans just like I do! Cant wait to try your grilled summer salad and zucchini bars.

Mercy--all of these sound wonderful.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More